Sunday, February 28, 2010

Today is Rare Disease Awareness Day. Mitochondrial Disease is considered a rare disease. Please make yourself aware of what this disease is and does to many children. 70% of those identified with mito are children under the age of 5 and every 30 minutes a child is born that will develop a mitochondrial disease by age 10. Please become AWARE!! Awareness is the key to find a cure.

All in all we are good. Had another busy weekend. The next two weeks we will be going to some of our yearly appts. Monday is our usual therapy day. Tuesday we will see the cardiologist. Wednesday is when we see the behavioral counselor. This so far is going good. We are taking baby steps in the right direction. They following week we will have 5 year appt with ped, urologist, and genetics. I have been trying to research camps for Brayden this summer. Bailee will also be doing some camps. Little more difficult to find them that he can attend.

Along my journey of the last 2 years, I have met some AMAZING people. I have so many people I can call on if I need a little advice, need to vent or just to chat. I could not make it without my wonderful friends. Thanks you, Thank you♥

I hope you all have a great week! On May 23 I will be doing "Walk Now For Autism" Please check out my page. Thanks you to those who have already donated to this walk.
http://www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/georgia/braydenthomas

No comments:

Post a Comment