Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thank you to all of you who came out Saturday to support our cause, Crop for a Cause! It was a GREAT turn-out I enjoyed every minute. We raised $5422!!!!!!!!!!! This is double what we raised last year! YAY!!

Sunday was Bailee'b birthday! She is 8!!!!!!!! I can't believe she is already 8. We celebrated at the house with some of her friends and had a great time! She is truly a beautiful little girl. She has so many great qualities. I am so proud to be her Mommy!!!

Today, I got a call from Brayden's Neurogenetic doctor and she did give me his DNA sequencing results. I do not have the report yet and will be going in next week to discuss these results with her. To sum a lot of information up, they did find a nuclear gene mutation that was consistent in me and him. In his there is also a mutation in his complex V mitochondria cells. He has been confirmed to have a definite Mitochondrial Disease. We have known he has had it but this confirms where the dysfunction is. This does not change anything. Some more test answered. He has a VERY rare mutation and because it is so rare there is little to go by. I hope to get the report tomorrow. I am a visual person and want to see the information!! I pray all the time for my little boy. We are so blessed to have him and that he is for the most part healthy. The thing that scares me I guess is that it can change in a matter of minutes. She did tell me that the next time he is sick like he was, I need to take him to the ER for fluids:/ I was trying to do this at home but did not work. I will know next time. Thanks for checking in on us. We love all of you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment