Friday, March 26, 2010

I have been so bad about updating:/ Sorry!! This little chick has been sick for about 2 weeks now:( Been trying to keep up with the kids schedule and get a little rest in there here and there!!

Kids are good. Bailee has been doing GREAT with softball. We are so proud of her. She is truly a great little athlete. Brayden has been doing well too. The past few weeks he has been extra and been taking a nap in the afternoon. I allow him to sleep for about an hour then I have to do the dreaded wake-up. Not fun!! Last week I had a follow-up and lab appt. with Brayden's Neurogenetic doctor. COQ10 levels are STILL NOT where they need to be, but they are getting there! So we were bumped up to 1800mg a day. There were several variants in his mitochondria DNA but they do not feel this is where the disease is coming from. Brayden has a nuclear gene mutation that code for mitochondrial components. Nuclear DNA has 2 copies per cell one from mother and one from mother. As technology gets better, they will be able to find just exactly where in the nuclear gene this is. Again does not change anything with Brayden. I see progress in Brayden everyday. He is such a blessing to us. We still are working with behavior counselor and this is going good.

Today I had his IEP for his transition into Kindergarten. Yes, my "baby" will be in Kindergarten next year:/ It is bitter sweet! He has made great strides this year! I look forward to many more. We are looking forward to Spring Break! We had plans to go to Fla. to visit Jimmy's parents but not sure f we will be going or not. Reason being.... Jimmy and I celebrate our 10 year anniversary this year and we are taking a trip the first week of May! I have some prayer request that I would like you to send up for me. Our little friend Abigail is having a MRI on Monday pray for guidance as she undergoes her MRI. Our neighbors little girl was dx with cancer and this family needs prayer. As always please also remember all the other children fighting "their" fight. We have a lot of very strong fighters out there. Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment